Day 1 Announcements #ghsmarinebio
Welcome to the Florida Keys and the 2014 Marine Biology Class!
Scheduled Events for Today:
(9:30) Organizational seminar – mandatory attendance for EVERYONE
(a.m.) Snorkeling practice
(a.m.) General setup of equipment
1:00 Snorkel check-out at Lime Tree Bay Resort – all students must attend (updated)
(p.m) Snorkeling in the Grass & Mud flats
(p.m.) Fieldwork, bookwork
(3:30) Depart for Key West
(9:00) Return from Key West
(p.m.) Bookwork, R & R, Nocturnal collecting
- After snorkel check-out, several groups should snorkel in the grass and mud flats right off the motel beach.
- You will need to be in your bathing suit.
- You should look over the Habitat Profile page in your workbook ahead of time so that you know what you are looking for.
Marine Biology on the web:
- Website: marinebio.goshenschools.org
- Twitter: @GHSMarineBio. If you have a Twitter account, please follow us. There are times when we have to make last minute changes to the schedule, due to weather issues, and we will use Twitter as one way to make these announcements.
Keeping Pace with Your Work:
- Students who did not complete the assigned work in Goshen should finish that today. This includes the Porifera and Cnidaria worksheets and one ecological profile. You should also start the Habitat Profile for the Grass and Mud Flats.
- Snorkel practice: Cooper
- Night duty: Weaver’s, Hannah’s, Harl