Announcements for Tues April 8
THESE ANNOUNCEMENTS ARE THE MOST ACCURATE IN TERMS OF TIMES – BE SURE TO READ THEM!
Scheduled Events for Today:
9:30 – Trip to John Pennekamp State Park
2:30 – Beach time at JPSP
5:00 – Supper at Island Grill Restaurant
John Pennekamp Excursion:
- All first-year students will be on this excursion.
- Pack a sack lunch at breakfast.
- We will leave by 9:30 a.m. Board the bus prior to this departure time.
- We will arrive at JPSP by 11:00 a.m. and eat lunch before boarding the boat.
- The boat leaves for the coral reef at 12:00.
- If you are prone to motion sickness, take Dramamine.
- After the boat returns, there will be time on the beach.
- We will go directly from JPSP to the restaurant, so take whatever you need to get cleaned up. There are showers at JPSP, but probably not enough to accommodate everyone in a group this size.
- There is a snack shop and gift shop at JPSP if you still want souvenirs.
- Students are reminded that all work is due by the time we leave on Friday morning.
- When working at the GC facility, please be sure to clean up after yourself.
- Supper is at the Island Grill in Key Largo.
Keeping Pace with Your Work:
- Check the board outside of 110 and the GC building for today’s list.
- Five habitat profiles – GMF, Mangroves, Human-made, Coral reef, Rocky Coast
- Five seminar worksheets should be completed – Porifera, Cnidaria, Molluska, Annelida, Echinodermata
- 4-5 Ecological profiles completed (in addition to the one completed in Goshen)
- All algae classifications
- All water quality work (except for BOD & WQI)
- Group project should be well underway.
- IB students and 2nd-year students – you should have most of your data collected for your final projects.
- John Pennekamp leaders: Weaver’s, Harl, Wolf, Gotwals
- Dry Tortugas leaders: Kauffman, Brubaker
- Photographers: Martinez
- Evening tutoring at GC: Wolf
Night duty: Wolf, Uhey, Litwiller