Scheduled Events for Today:
9:00 – Mollusk seminar (all first-year students must attend)
10:30 – Group project planning seminar (all students must attend)
6:15 (right after dinner) – Group picture
Bouganvillea – 1:00 to Quarry (SPV – T. Harl shuttle)
Turtle Nest (136A&B) – 1:00 to Quarry (SPV – T. Hart shuttle)
Tree House – 2:00 to Quarry (SPV – T. Harl shuttle)
128B – 2:00 to Quarry (SPV – T. Harl shuttle)
Seagrape – 3:00 to Quarry (SPV – T. Harl shuttle)
Goshen College – 3:00 to Quarry (SPV – T. Harl shuttle)
- Meet at GC building ahead of your excursion time. Please be ON TIME for your excursion. Other groups are depending on this.
- Each group should take a couple of buckets along.
- You need to be in bathing suits and take snorkel gear. Have your snorkel gear ready by the scheduled time. At the quarry, you should observe two habitats – the human-made walls of the quarry as well as the mangroves that line part of the quarry.
- We will be taking two eating groups in the SPV for each excursion. Because of this, the excursions will be limited to just the students and one instructor. Others are welcome to come if you have your own transportation.
- Please pick up your T-shirts from room 140 today.
- Immediately following dinner we will take a group picture. Please wear your T-shirts for the picture.
- The SPV will all be in use this afternoon for excursions.
- After using an SPV, please get the keys back to room 140 as soon as possible.
- Instructors need to have a special activities license on each excursion.
- Photographers need to get their pictures to Mary Borger (room 105) for use on the website.
Keeping Pace with Your Work – First-Year Students:
- All students will visit their second and third habitats today.
- Students should complete the habitat profile page over the habitats they have visited.
- Three seminar worksheets should be completed – Porifera, Cnidaria, and Molluska.
- Two ecological profiles should be completed.
Keeping Pace with Your Work – Second/Third-Year Students:
- You need to collect algae today when you are out on excursions.
- You need to get your independent lab projects started today.
- Molluska seminar: Holsopple & Kauffmann
- Group project planning seminar: Ch.Weaver
- Photographers: Calla Gillins, Linea Richards, Ally Uhey, Angela Studebaker, PJ Wolf, Amy Patrick, Dottie Kauffmann, Chad Weaver, Ashley Smucker
- SPV shuttle to GC for breakfast (7:45) and seminar (8:45): Chad Weaver
- Grilling: Nafziger, Heatwole, Stahly, Kauffman, Smith, Studebaker
- Evening tutoring at GC: Holsopple
- Night duty: Holsopple, Roby