Marine Biology 2012
Friday, April 6, 2012
Scheduled Events for Today:
8:30 – Group picture (immediately following breakfast)
9:15 – Finish Water Quality Tests (all students must attend) – NOTE THE TIME CHANGE
- Seagrape & 128B – 11:30 to the rocky coast (SPV)
- 2nd-year students – 2:15 to the Turtle Hospital (SPV)
- Eating groups should schedule excursions as needed for your group projects. See Mr. or Mrs. Weaver if you need transportation.
- Please gather outside by the pool immediately following breakfast for the group picture. If you have a green shirt, wear it.
- Remember to stay hydrated! Coolers with lemonade and water are available under the Tree House.
- When working at the GC facility, please be sure to clean up after yourself.
- If you are working with permanent markers at the motel, please place something under your work so the markers do not bleed through and damage the floor or other surfaces.
- There is a computer and printer set up in the classroom of the GC building. This is for groups to use to print materials for their project. Please do not detach the computer from the printer.
- If you ordered a T-shirt and have not yet picked it up, please do so ASAP. They are in room 140.
- There is a 10:00 noise ordinance here. Even before 10:00, please be conscious of your noise level and be considerate of others.
Keeping Pace with Your Work:
Today is the day to FINISH your work.
- Check the board outside of the Tree House and the GC building for today’s list.
- Five habitat profiles – GMF, Mangroves, Human-made, Coral reef, RockyCoastCoast– Students are reminded to focus on the invertebrate animals for the animal classification portion of these.
- Six seminar worksheets should be completed – Porifera, Cnidaria, Molluska, Annelida, Echinodermata, Arthropoda
- Five Ecological profiles completed (in addition to the one completed in Goshen) – Students are reminded that they need to coordinate with their groups on these profiles. There may be no duplication of specimens used for ecological profiles within the same eating group. Students will not earn credit for duplicated specimens. All six of the invertebrate animal groups studied must be represented by each student in their ecological profiles.
- All algae classifications
- All water quality work
- Group project should be nearing completion.
All work is due by 10:00 a.m. tomorrow.
- WQI seminar: Z. Holsopple & Steury
- Shuttle students to GC site in the am: R. Valderrama
- Photographer: Dottie Kauffmann
- Evening tutoring at GC: Borger
- Night duty: Borger