Marine Biology 2012
Monday, April 2, 2012
Scheduled Events for Today:
9:00 – Art students depart forKey West
10:00 – Excursion to the Quarry – Treehouse
10:00 – Snorkeling in the Grass & Mud flats – 128B, Seagrape
11:30 – Snorkeling in the Grass & Mud flats – Turtle Nest (136A&B), Bouganvillea
2:00 – Algae Seminar #1 (Bouganvillea, Treehouse, Turtle Nest) & Water Quality Seminar #1 (128B, Seagrape)
3:30 – Algae Seminar #2 (128B, Seagrape) & Water Quality Seminar #2 (Bouganvillea, Treehouse, Turtle Nest)
- Quarry excursion will leave from the GC building. Get there ahead of time to select snorkel gear.
- GMF excursions will take place right outside the motel. Gather close to the dock.
- Arrive on time or early!
- You will need to be in your bathing suit.
- We will bring snorkel gear from the GC facility for your use.
- You should look over the Habitat Profile page in your workbook ahead of time so that you know what you are looking for.
- Several groups may need to adjust their lunch schedule to accommodate this excursion.
Keeping Pace with Your Work:
- All students should visit their first habitat today – the Grass and Mud flats (GMF) or Quarry.
- Students should complete the habitat profile page(s) over the GMF or the Human made and Mangrove habitats.
- Four seminar worksheets should be completed – Porifera, Cnidaria, Annelida and Echinodermata.
- Two ecological profiles should be completed.
- All water quality work (except for BOD & WQI) should be completed.
- All algae classifications should be completed.
- Algae seminars: Ch. Weaver & Borger
- Water quality seminars: Z. Holsopple & Steury
- Photographer: Dottie Kauffmann
- Evening tutoring at GC: Holsopple
- Night duty: Smith/Kauffman, Z. Holsopple