Scheduled Events for Today:
1. (8:00) Breakfast
2. (9:30) Catholic mass in Marathon (optional attendance)
3. (10:00) Worship service at the Layton Baptist Church (optional attendance)
4. (11:30) Lunch
5. (1:30) Algae seminar #1 & Water Quality Seminar #1 ( all students must attend)
6. (3:00) Algae seminar #2 & Water Quality Seminar #2 (all students must attend)
7. (p.m.) Excursions, fieldwork, bookwork
8. (5:00) Dinner
9. (6:30) Depart for night fishing
Algae seminar #1: Bouganvillea, Turtle Nest, Goshen College
Water Quality Seminar #1: Seagrape, Tree House, 128B
Algae seminar #2: Seagrape, Tree House, 128B
Water Quality Seminar #2: Bouganvillea, Turtle Nest, Goshen College
- Any student wishing to attend Catholic mass should meet by the SPV by 9:00.
- Anyone who is willing to sing at the Baptist Church should gather at the GC building at 9:00.
- At breakfast, we will need to know who is going night fishing. Payment should be given to Jeremy Kauffman. The cost is $35.00.
- We will also be checking with adults regarding the John Pennekamp trip. Payment for this should also be given to Jeremy Kauffman. The cost is $26.00 for adults and $21.00 for children 17 and under.
Keeping Pace with Your Work:
- Check the board outside of 110 for today’s list.
- Three habitat profiles – GMF, Mangroves, Human-made
- Three seminar worksheets should be completed – Porifera, Cnidaria, Molluska,.
- 2-3 Ecological profiles completed (in addition to the one completed in Goshen)
- All algae classifications
- All water quality work (except BOD and WQI)
- Algae seminars: Ch. Weaver, Borger, Advanced students
- Water Quality seminar: Holsopple, Steury, Advanced students
- Photographers: Calla Gillins, Linea Richards, Ally Uhey, Angela Studebaker, PJ Wolf, Amy Patrick, Dottie Kauffmann, Chad Weaver, Ashley Smucker
- SPV shuttle to GC for breakfast (7:45): Chad Weaver
- Grilling: Nafziger, Heatwole, Stahly, Kauffman, Smith, Studebaker
- Evening tutoring at GC: Ch. Weaver
- Night duty: Wolf, Uhey