Marine Biology 2012
Thursday, April 5, 2012
Scheduled Events for Today:
9:00 – Arthropoda Seminar (all first-year students must attend)
~6:30 – Group picture after dinner
- Bouganvillea – 10:45 to the Quarry (SPV)
- Tree House – 1:00 p.m. to the rocky coast (SPV)
- Turtle Nest (136A&B) – 2:45 p.m. to the rocky coast (SPV)
- Groups that are not going to the rocky coast today will go tomorrow. If you are not scheduled for an excursion today, take advantage of the extra time to complete all individual work and get a good start on your group project.
- Eating groups should schedule excursions as needed for your group projects. See Mr. or Mrs. Weaver if you need transportation.
- Remember to stay hydrated! Coolers with lemonade and water are available under the Tree House.
- When working at the GC facility, please be sure to clean up after yourself.
- There is a 10:00 noise ordinance here. Even before 10:00, please be conscious of your noise level and be considerate of others.
- If you are working with permanent markers at the motel, please place something under your work so the markers do not bleed through and damage the floor or other surfaces.
- If you ordered a T-shirt and have not yet picked it up, please do so ASAP. They are in room 140.
Keeping Pace with Your Work:
- Check the board outside of 119 and the GC building for today’s list.
- Four – Five habitat profiles – GMF, Mangroves, Human-made, Coral reef, RockyCoast– Students are reminded to focus on the invertebrate animals for the animal classification portion of these.
- Six seminar worksheets should be completed – Porifera, Cnidaria, Molluska, Annelida, Echinodermata, Arthropoda
- Five Ecological profiles completed (in addition to the one completed in Goshen) – Students are reminded that they need to coordinate with their groups on these profiles. There may be no duplication of specimens used for ecological profiles within the same eating group. Students will not earn credit for duplicated specimens. All six of the invertebrate animal groups studied must be represented by each student in their ecological profiles.
- All algae classifications
- All water quality work (except for BOD & WQI)
- Group project should be well underway.
- Arthropoda seminar: Clancy Short
- Shuttle students to GC site in the am: R. Valderrama
- Photographer: Dottie Kauffmann
- Evening tutoring at GC: Ca. Weaver
- Night duty: Harl and E. Holsopple