Scheduled Events for Today:
9:00 a.m. – Arthropoda Seminar (all first-year students must attend)
9:00 a.m. – Excursion to Keys Marine Lab (all second/third-year students must attend)
9:00 p.m. – Excursion to the Rocky Coast for GC eating group and any other students who have not yet gone
- Eating groups should schedule excursions as needed for your group projects. See Mr. or Mrs. Weaver if you need transportation.
- Excursion to KML: Advanced students need to pack a lunch. You need to meet Mr. Holsopple between the two buildings at the motel by 8:50. Bring your lunch, swim suit, towel, workbook, and snorkeling equipment.
- When working at the GC facility, please be sure to clean up after yourself.
- Remember that there is a noise ordinance in Layton at 10:00 p.m. Please be conscious of the amount of noise you are making at all times, but especially after 10:00.
- We need an SPV driver to take the GC group to the rocky coast this evening.
Keeping Pace with Your Work – First-Year Students:
- Check the board outside of 110 and the GC building for today’s list.
- Five habitat profiles – GMF, Mangroves, Human-made, Coral reef, Rocky Coast
- Six seminar worksheets should be completed – Porifera, Cnidaria, Molluska, Annelida, Echinodermata, Arthropoda
- Five Ecological profiles completed (in addition to the one completed in Goshen)
- All algae classifications
- All water quality work (except for BOD & WQI)
- Group project should be well underway.
Keeping Pace with Your Work – Second/Third-Year Students:
- Your algae work should be complete.
- Your independent labs should be well underway.
- Your group projects should be well underway.
- You should complete an excursion journal for the Dry Tortugas and KML.
- You should be working on collecting scavenger hunt items.
- Arthropoda seminar: Borger, Richards, Wolf
- Photographers: Gillins, Richards, Uhey, Studebaker, Wolf, Patrick, Kauffmann, Weaver, Smucker
- SPV shuttle to GC for breakfast (7:45) and seminar (8:45): Chad Weaver
- Evening tutoring at GC: Ca. Weaver
- Night duty: Richards, Shoemaker’s